Academic articles on Drone Warfare
- Ian Shaw, (2016). Scorched Atmospheres: The Violent Geographies of the Vietnam War and the Rise of Drone Warfare, The Annals of the Association of American Geographers. DOI:10.1080/00045608.2015.1115333.
- Ian Shaw (2015). Drone Theory?, Review Essay, Antipode.
- Ian Shaw and Majed Akhter, (2014). ‘The Dronification of State Violence.’ Critical Asian Studies, 46(2): 211-234. Available here and here.
- Ian Shaw, (2014). ‘Ghosts in the Machine: Drone Warfare will Haunt the Future.’ Antipode Intervention.
- Ian Shaw, (2013). ‘Predator Empire: The Geopolitics of U.S. Drone Warfare‘, Geopolitics, 18(3): 536-559. Pre-corrected Academia.edu version available on this link.
- Ian Shaw and Majed Akhter, (2012). ‘The Unbearable Humanness of Drone Warfare in FATA, Pakistan‘. Antipode, 44(4): 1490-1509. Academia.edu version available here.
- Ian Shaw, (2012) ‘Life and Death in Droneworld‘. Critical Asian Studies, 44 (4): pp. 651-658.Pre-corrected Academia.edu version available here.
- Ian Shaw, (2012) ‘Killer Robots: Are we really Losing Humanity?’. e-International Relations.
- Ian Shaw, (2012) ‘From Baseworld to Droneworld’. Antipode Intervention.
- August 2015, Policing Surplus Populations: Drone Warfare and the Enclosure of the Planet, Power and Space in the Drone Age, Neuchatel University, Switzerland.
- July 2015, The Predator Empire: A Mechanical Monster? Reconfiguring Global Space: The Geography, Politics, and Ethics of Drone War, Indiana University, U.S.
- November 2014, “Drone-worlds,” Only Human? Festival, Glasgow.
- December 2013, Panelist, “Dirty Wars” screening, Edinburgh Cameo Cinema.
- March 2013, ‘The Rise of the Predator Empire in Pakistan’, University of Edinburgh Pakistan Society
- December 2012, ‘Welcome to the Disposition Matrix: The Who, the Why, the Where, and the How of U.S. Targeted Killings’, Glasgow Stop the War meeting.
- November 2012. ‘Predator Empire: The Geopolitics of U.S. Drone Warfare’, Future of the Middle East Conference sponsored by GRAMNET, University of Glasgow, U.K.
- October 2012, ‘The Rise of the Predator Empire: Tracing the History of U.S. Drones’, The University of Edinburgh, U.K.
- October 2012, ‘The Civilianization of Drone Warfare’, The Edinburgh World Justice Festival, Edinburgh, U.K.
- January 2012, ‘Predator Empire: The Geopolitics of Drone Warfare’, University of Oregon, U.S.
- October 2011, ‘Shadow Wars: The CIA’s Secret Drone Campaign in Pakistan’, Aberystwyth University, U.K.
Interview on Sweden’s Konflict radio program, August 23, 2014.
Interview on ABC Radio’s Rear Vision, ‘Drones: warfare in the 21st century‘, May 19th, 2013.
“Remote.” A 2015 documentary video I produced while at the Met Film School in London.
‘Predator Empire: The Geopolitics of U.S. Drone Warfare’, Future of the Middle East Conference sponsored by GRAMNET, University of Glasgow, U.K, 24th November 2012.