After a 13-hour fillibuster from Republican Senator Rand Paul, the Senate confirmed John Brennan’s nomination as CIA director on the 7th March 2013.
Previous posts related to John Brennan:
- The Playbook and the Lethal Bureaucrat: John Brennan and the creation of a ‘Permanent War’
- John Brennan, counter-terrorist czar, defends drone strikes in Yemen
- Architect of drone war is made…architect of drone war
- The Obama Administration’s ‘Disposition Matrix’ – a Deadly Drone Database?
- Drones and targeted killings: ‘On-the-record’ government speeches